Saturday, June 14, 2014

Watering Gunite/Selecting Stone

I've got gunite and am watering it & picking out materials for the next phase.  Picking ledgestone has proven difficult for me. After looking at several different types, almost settling on Golden Ray (comes in sheets), I chose Mt. Moriah- see it here. I wanted something not so orange/yellow, not too bright and not too dark. I almost chose Virginia ledgestone, but I think Mt. Moriah has a lot more character and is classy and eye catching. I'm excited about the choice.


Mt. Moriah also has flagstone for the decking. I originally was going to do a sand washed deck, but after seeing the flagstone, my pool builder & I are going to discuss the increase of cost to put down some flagstone.


Scheduled next for our project is building the mini-walls off the raised bond beam/spa, the equipment wall & the wall to finish off the rear retaining wall.


Yard is a muddy mess. Sprinklers are working (sort of- leaks are springing up in places).  Moving along.  I'm hoping the wall building goes by quickly so we can see some progress on the pool. Walls must be built first, however, as coping goes on top of walls too.
Picking stone- what a process. I didn't choose this- Golden Ray, shown against the spa, too bright for my like.  I can't wait to fix that eyesore wall behind the pool. Soon.
Golden Ray on the right, and ??? on the left. I grew to like the one on the left but I think it would be too light.


Gunite- what a fun process.




Shaping the seats and step in the spa



Selecting reef depth was tough. I like sitting a chair w/ my toes in the sand at the river and wanted to get something close to that depth. Ended up going with 12" of water so I could have an LED light over the reef to help light the shallow end.



No comments:

Post a Comment