Monday, June 9, 2014

Steel & Plumbing

I got the pool reinforcement and the pool plumbed at the end of last week.

The mess grows as the yard stays torn up, sprinklers stay busted & things keep dying. I don't have enough hose to keep up with all the watering so I'm hoping this part of the process ends rather quickly.

We seem to be moving right along.  I decided on an extra spa pump to increase the therapeutic capabilities on the spa. The standard 6 jets on the shared variable speed pump didn't appeal to me. I want a real spa. The amount of plumbing going to the spa is a big mind blowing, actually.  I was out of town for the plumbing process so I wasn't involved in the placement of the jets aside from a few quick texts from the builder. I essentially told him to make me a kick butt spa and to place the jets accordingly.   We'll see what I think about it the first time I get in it, I guess....





When the blue spray painted outline was on the ground the pool looked way too small & I was ready to scrap the contract (well, for the most part) and GO BIG. Now that the hole is here and it's shaped, I think I'm okay with this.


The beginning of steel. 

Steel was done by one guy who worked pretty quickly. I'm glad it wasn't a hot day- I can't imagine handling this steel in the 105 degree summer sun.



Trenches dug mostly with a ditch witch. I had no idea the amount of underground plumbing. The plumbers had a tough job.

So as not to destroy concrete, the gas line was hand trenched along the existing sidewalk adjacent to the house. 



Miles of plumbing everywhere. Wish they would fix my sprinklers while they're at it :/

No comments:

Post a Comment